Tarkwa MP, MCE Not Linked To Allege Kidnapping Of Gyaasehene

George Mireku Ducker George Mireku Ducker

The Herald's independent checks, have revealed, allegations that Member of Parliament (MP) for Tarkwa-Nsuaem,

George Mireku Duker, is behind the alleged kidnapping of Gyaasehene of the Apinto Divisional Council in Tarkwa, Dr. Nana Adarkwa Bediako III, is false.

It was established that, those making the allegations and linking the MP to Gyaasehene's missing incident, are doing so just to settle some personal scores with the MP, as a result of some election defeat suffered by his political opponents in the area.

This paper's checks, have also established some of the individual members of the group calling themselves Concerned Youth of Tarkwa, who held the press conference last Friday, July 16, and attacked the legislator, are in fact not indigenes of Tarkwa-Nsuaem.

For instance, the Convener of the group, Mr Baah Acheamfour's name was mentioned as not a native of Tarkwa-Nsuaem Municipality, but conveniently using some disgruntled youth to do the bidding of his paymasters by constantly attacking the Tarkwa MP at the least opportunity.

Last Friday, a handful of some youth, led by Baah Acheamfour, who addressed the media in Accra, without mincing words, accused Mr Duker and the Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) for Tarkwa, Benjamin Kessie, as the individuals who fabricated the alleged kidnapping story of Gyaasehene of Apinto.

This, according to the group was because the Tarkwa-Nsuaem MP, feels threatened that his brother who is currently the MCE of the area may lose his re-appointment bid to his close contender, a certain Nana Krakra Blay.

"Friends of the Media, we are here to expose the reasons why there are all these cock and bull stories trying all means possible to denigrate the hard-won reputation and integrity of Mr Kakra Blay," Baah Acheamfour claimed.

According to him, "Mr. Kakra Blay is contesting Mireku Duker's elder brother for the position of Municipal Chief Executive of the Tarkwa-Nsuaem Municipal Assembly.

"Friends of the Media, these are just a few reasons why the MP of the area who happens to be the younger brother of the outgoing MCE is all over in the media casting insinuations, throwing dust into people's eyes with all the lies and allegations mentioned above, just to destroy Mr Blay in the media and destroy his chance of becoming an MCE, so that his brother will continue to be in office as MCE", he alleges without giving any further evidence.

But The Herald's information is that, the whole press conference was deliberately organized to settle personal scores with the MP, following events leading to the New Patriotic Party's (NPP) parliamentary primary and the 2020 general elections.

Sources told this paper, the said Krakra Blay who is currently having sleepless nights and lobbying to be appointed MCE of Tarkwa-Nsuaem, had allegedly supported the 2020 Independent Parliamentary Candidate against Mr Duker, a situation which is presently affecting his chances of becoming the MCE.

I Was Not Kidnapped

Meanwhile, the Gyaasehene, has denied reports that he was kidnapped as he explained circumstances surrounding his alleged missing incident.

Briefing the media on the issue, Friday, July 16, the head of public affairs of the Western Regional Police Command, DSP Olivia Ewurabena Adiku, told journalists that upon interrogations with the chief after the sudden disappearance, he denied being kidnapped as was speculated.

She said, "The latest information we are gathering now is that Nana Adarkwa Bediako II, has come to the police station and when he was interviewed, he said he was never kidnapped and honestly he didn't know who sent out that information."

According to DSP Adiku, the chief said "what happened was that yesterday, July 15, he went to the bank to cash some money because he needed to purchase some musical instruments for a Pentecost church within the Tarkwa area."

She continued "so from the bank, there is an instrument shop around which he decided to walk to and make some inquires. While the chief was going, there was this gentleman that he doesn't know from anywhere, who just bumped into him and said 'Nana some people are planning to kill you.'"

"Upon hearing this, he immediately took the available taxi and left that location. Unfortunately, he could not place a call to anyone since he had left his phones in his car."

DSP Adiku, noted that the chief did not disclose where he went from there. She indicated that, the police will continue to investigate the matter.

Source: theheraldghana.com